Thursday, April 4, 2013

Exercise Your Light Within

well hola hola hola!!!!!!!

This week was pretty great! We had a whole lot of people in the sacrament meeting Sunday!!!! It was super awesome! I am happy to hear about the mission calls and that Kent and Colton are already planning on trips to come back to Mexico! Just wait for me and we will go together!!!! :D


First, I want to make sure that all my friends are doing good, make sure Dome is good as well as Ty Dudley, ohhh and Elder Johns says hi to his friend, Elder Mayberry, that is serving with papi as the missionaries in the home.

This week I have been thinking about what I have learned in these last three changes in the mission, I have decided and felt like I have learned a lot about the type of leader the Lord wants me to be in the mission. When we start the mission, we all think about being district leader and zone leader and whatnot, when really that doesn't matter at all. I was like that when I got here in the mission, then this profound thought came to me, the Lord wants all of us to be first and foremost, disciples of Christ. To be a disciple of Christ, you do not need to have a title of district leader or zone leader, you just need to know that this church is true and then really feel the desire to share what you know to be true! I was thinking about the scripture, let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven! This scripture really got to me. I know that I don't need to be a district leader or a zone leader, to have success in my mission, I need to have, my light; my testimony. As my testimony, I can show my personality as a part of it! I can be happy all the time, EVEN IN THE HARD TIMES!! That is when we really let our lights shine for all men. You all can and will be a light in the dark for others. When you feel like you are just not doing too great, just keep going please! Someone will see your light and they will be helped through a hard time, I testify to you all, that this is true! I know that first and foremost, we need to put aside our pride and let the light that God gave us shine forth for our fellow brethren. I have seen it work, I have seen the results of exercising your light, I can say that it is super hard and at times it feels impossible, but I can also say that those times are when the Lord helps us to grow the most! I testify this in the holy and sacred name, of Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen.

In the other news, General Conference is this week!!!!!! I am super excited!!!!!!!!! Take questions to the Conference!!!!!!! God will answer them!

Well, for changes, I am still in Tancol Tampico and I am now serving with . . . . . . . . .ELDER PARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a really awesome guy and I love being with him already!!!!!!!!!! I feel like we are going to be friends for all times, like after the mission. Elder Villegas went to be with another Elder who was an assistant who left the office this change.

I love you all!!!! Keep doing all you can do and exercise your light!!!!!!!! :D

Love,
Elder Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment