Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference Challenges, Goals and LOTS of Inspiration!

hola hola hola,

First off, I have not received a package yet. I am still waiting for it to arrive. I will talk of Conference in a minute but first, I don't know if you saw or not, but in the motab, the last session, Jackie's sister, I think, Judy, was singing in the choir. I thought it was cool that I knew someone in the choir. ha ha

Please tell Becca I am super happy for her and congratulations! She will be an awesome missionary. Tell Koleton congratulations and he will love the good people of Mexico! They are humble and amazing people. Oh, and to not worry so much about the language because once he gets here, he will see that the spanish he learns from the teacher is not the same as that of the spanish here in Mexico. It will all come to him as he relies on the spirit. And please tell Kathleen congratulations on her engagement for me. Oh and tell Kent, I don't eat too many of the tortillas I love the other foods. ha

Well wow! This week was one of the best in my whole mission! It was a great news to hear about all of the many mission calls! Those who are going to serve are going to have some of the best days you have ever had in your whole life!!! This week it was really awesome cause I am with Elder Parry and we are just the best of friends!  haha ohhh and I liked the pic Alex sent about twinners hah she is a goof, if I could teach like him it would be amazing! I aspire to follow the spirit all of my life so I can have the power to talk someday with my children like that! This week was the amazing General Conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it with all of my heart!!

Sooo this week was conference and it just changed my life! All of the talks just hit me and touched my heart with the force of a plow! I really loved how all of the talks really to me, talked about love, the love of Christ and how we need and have to show the love of Christ to everyone, everyday!

So, it started on Friday when we started our fast to prepare for conference, it was just great! I felt the spirit really strong. Going into the first session on Saturday I was just amazed at the power that I felt in the talks given! I loved all of the talks. The first thing that I want you all to do; I want for the next General Conference, I want you all to prepare for the amazing event to come! You can all do that by doing a few simple things; you can start of by fasting, that will bring miracles if you let it! The other things you can do is go to the temple. If you are doing these things that are bringing the spirit to your life, you are bound to be spiritually set for the things to come! As you make these sacrifices, they are not hard to do at all, they are quite simple and they are even easy, one thing I learned this conference is that sacrifices don't necessarily have to be the hardest things in the world, sometimes a sacrifice is just taking time out of your not so busy day, to read the scriptures, to visit the House of the Lord and do a session in the temple, etc. They are all things that are possible to do! You only have to decide to do it and it is pretty much done. The other things is to take notes during the talks, later study those notes,  and let the talks from the prophets touch your heart and change who you are.

One thing I have learned this week is that I went to conference with questions, I thought that I would get the answers to my questions. When we were done with Saturday, I hadn't received anything of my answers, then when we finished all of the sessions, I had received the answers that I really needed, and with that, I could see the answer that God wanted me to receive. I testify that conference can and will change your life if you let it, I am sooo angry with myself because I didn't pay the best attention to it when I was younger! It's ridiculous! But now, I have learned and repented! I am soo ready for another six months so I can learn more and more from the prophets.

The challenge after conference and the thing that I want you all to do is make goals according to the feelings that you had from the spirit. This is good because you can completely change into the person that God wants you to be!! I hope that this has helped you!!!!!!!! This week was just amazing and I love all of you! Sorry, but I have no more time left and I am going to leave now! Do what is right! I love you all and know that you will all do what is right! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hancock!!!!



Me and my comp having tostadas. :D


**Okay, so this is the picture that Alex sent, that Kotah was referring to. Everyone keeps telling him he looks like Elder Holland. Alex thought this was funny and made it up for us and for Kotah. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment