Monday, October 29, 2012

It's LETTER Time!!!!

Hola!!!

This week was crazy and at times it was a hard one! I loved times and at other times, I had the hardest time of my life. I went on divisions two times; that means that I wasn't with my comp for two of the days. I know that Heavenly Father blesses me with those times to learn. I am seeing challenges that the Lord is putting before me to grow. I have been feeling a lot of the time, like I am just not good enough for the Lord and His work. This is because I want to be so much better everyday!  After a lot of this not feeling good enough business, I was praying a lot! I felt comfort and I don't know, but the Lord has helped me a lot to receive an answer to my prayers.

This week, while I was writing in my journal, I just started to have spiritual thoughts flow from my mind like no other. They were way important to me and helped me. They were direct answers to my prayers. I know that we can receive more revelation as we write down our thoughts. One of my thoughts was the scripture that says the Lord will not allow you to have temptations or trials about that which ye are able to handle. This helped me so much because it helped me to see that I can grow from my experiences with my companion. The Lord helps me thru all things and to grow from them, even if they are experiences I don't enjoy. Another thing I was pondering, was where my patriarchal blessing says that I will come to know the gospel of Jesus Christ perfectly in my life. I had the thought that if we love one another; that is the first step to learning his gospel and everything will follow perfectly, if we can only learn to have the love that he had! I have been working on that love and I am seeing improvements in my life already! I am learning more about myself and starting to see the plan Heavenly Father has in play for me. I am excited for the opportunity to have a new companion, if I get one at cambios next week, so I can see how others work and I can continue to improve myself.

When I was reading poppi's letter I was thinking that we are sometimes hard to humble ourselves and that is why the Lord allows us to have hard times; to learn. With me, it's learning to love a comp. who is so different than me; for poppi, it's the reminder of the crash that has helped him. The Lord knows exactly what we need and will help us get thru those trials and experiences. The other day, I almost started to cry in my prayers because I felt like it wasn't possible to love everyone in the way I needed to, but then I remembered that I had that spiritual gift before my mission. I needed to thank my Father in Heaven and continue to ask for it. I am thankful for it every night. In fact, more than that! I love to see the growth taking place in my heart.

I can't do anything without the spirit! Every time I speak, I feel the spirit in my heart because I know that it helps me to speak. I have felt the Lord take over my thoughts and feelings when I am teaching. I love it!

We won't have a baptism this change but we do have an amazing investigator getting interviewed today, so I am super excited about that!

Now, don't feel like you have to get everything I mentioned for Christmas. I understand, no money issues, finally. I am learning what it's like to be a parent, here on the mission. I never have money, so I have to put my priorities first, ha goodness! I can feel myself becoming more like my parents everyday, spiritually.

I love you all! Have a great week. I know that you will do what is right! Keep going to the temple and all that! I am sorry to those that I have not written, I don't have a lot of time here on the computer, but I love you all the same. I love to hear from you all.

Elder Dakotah Hancock

Dakotah and one of the Elders in his area. They have become pretty good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment