Monday, November 5, 2012

It's another LETTER DAY and TRANSFERS


Dear family!

I am in a new area and I want you to guess where it is. hahaahaha I am in the state of Veracruz! ha

Well, this week was just great, it was a great test of faith and I have seen many of the blessings of the spirit! So, first of all, I am amazed and excited that everyone is going on missions and I know that they will be better people because of them! I am super excited for Shane, it will be a test for him to learn german, but I know that he will be able to do so, if he has a prayer in his heart at all times! Tell everyone congrats on their calls! I cannot say how much I am grateful for my mission! I have seen so many opportunities to grow and to open my heart to the promptings of the spirit and to let Heavenly Father shape my life in the way that he wants to.

This week, we had a girl set for baptism and we felt all week that she was ready for the baptism, but when she talked to us she didn't feel ready. We fasted for her this week and I saw a miracle. We went to visit her Saturday; the day of the baptism, and she still didn't feel ready but she wanted to see how it was done. Long story short; after the baptism, she asked me and my comp if she could be baptized that night! I was super excited and I loved the whole experience! I got to baptize her. It was my first and last time in the water, I will tell you why that is with all the changes. 

Now for the news about all the changes! First, I left Huejutla and I am in a city called Panuco, it is about an hour or so south of the Tampico Temple and about two hours north of Huejutla. I already love it and I can tell that we are going to have some really great success here!! My new comp is with me for his last change in the mission! He has six weeks left! His name is Elder Bruno!
He is from the farthest south state in Mexico. He is awesome and our house is a mansion! It is one of the nicest houses in the whole mission. I think we have a little hot water, but I am not for sure yet. We still have to shop and get my companion's hair cut today. We have to walk a little ways to the internet cafe, but there is a lady who sells bread, right across the street. Elder Lopez is now in Mante serving as leader of the zone!

Thinking about your talk topic of gratitude; you should be here in Mexico, where people are really grateful for things, not like some people in America who just say they are grateful and don´t really know how to show it! I love the people here and I know I can be a help to them. This last week I felt like my work was done in Huejutla. My desires were that I could be there for one more change to teach some people that I really love but the spirit is the one who helped me to know that I needed to go cause I was done there. I was just feeling really down about leaving Huejutla, so I prayed for excitement and joy entering this new companionship and area and He has blessed me with it. :D I am also glad to see that the Lord has blessed me with a comp that wants to work.  Now there are hermanas in my old house ha… that is crazy.

Other changes are that it is now a rule that we cannot baptize, contact, and a lot of other things. The people baptizing have to be people in the ward. We can't go out and contact people but if someone talks to us about the church, then we can talk to them about it and contact them after. We can talk to people, just not about the church unless they bring it up. It is all on the members now. They help us do it all. Pretty much, it is our job to motivate the members to do their job and in turn, we will receive people to teach. It is a whole heap of faith on our part! I don't know why the changes in everything but I know it will be for the better! I think maybe it is mostly because we are doing this thing that is called the work of salvation. It is all to help the members that we already have to be active, and through this, we can have members like back home, who are helping others to come unto Christ. The work of salvation is the most important thing right now, because the prophets have said, what kind of church are we, if our members aren't even active, what good is baptism if the members aren't active. That is why we are doing all of this.

I am going to go now. I love you all and know you will do the right thing! Keep smiling! It is the light of your heart that the world can see!

Love, Elder Dakotah Hancock



No comments:

Post a Comment