Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's LETTER day! :)

*I am sorry it took me so long to get this up. I was crazily taking care of two side jobs I've been working on and have deadlines for. Thanks for understanding. * -Mimi

Today, I don't have much time to write letters let alone read much, I am sorry if I don't get to everyone's emails.

This week we have been doing a lot of teaching. We encountered this family of antiguo investigatores, they are like way ready for baptism but I am sure that God will give them some tests of their faith to see if they are really serious about getting baptized. Anyways, I was the one to set the date, or really just ask them if they wanted to be baptized when they read a little more and prayed a little more about the whole message. Even though it was just that, it was scary! I had the thought to do it the whole lesson, but I finally just said to myself; well I am here to invite others to come to Christ aren't I? Then I better do what the Lord wants me to do. And I did it! I put all my faith in Heavenly Father and it was the correct way to follow the spirit in that situation!

Another experience this week made me realize a little bit of why I am here. We watched the restauracion movie with this family, they seemed to like it and after and during, the spirit was super spiritual for me! I absolutely loved it with all my might! Afterward, one of them said to me that she would read the Book of Mormon every day and every night, because she wants to believe this message! It was all that I could do not to jump out of my seat and fist pump as hard as I ever have! I was super excited and I shared with her Alma 32 verse 27 where it says that all that you need is a desire to believe and that, that is what she had! I told her to pray about this message and I feel like all is great with them!

Well, there are only three more weeks in this change and then I have 5 months in the field! ahhhh it is going by super fast and I am loving every day of it! It is like 90 degrees today and that is very horrible since we are in our cool season. 

I love you all and miss you all. I love that you all are trying to do the Lord's work! Keep doing what is right and know that maybe the calling that God wants for you is to serve in the temple and knows that you don't need a calling in the ward right now. He knows that you truly love serving in the temple where it really is needed! Remember that; cause it is a thought I had when I was reading your letter! :D Remember that the Lord knows all things from the start to the end and He knows how He is going to use you to serve in the future. You and padre have been such examples in my life of the thing that matters the most, and it is charity, the true love of Christ!

Through the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can can be clean, but not just that; He suffered for EVERY doubt, EVERY pain…EVERYTHING. I bear my honest testimony to you, that I KNOW for a fact that God helps us. He is there and listening to every tear, every prayer and every pleading for help when the world is crashing down on us. I know that fasting brings true miracles, I have seen many of them on the mission so far! I know the Lord has changed my heart for the better and permanently. Do all you can to apply the atonement in your life every day. God will fix those days that are harder to go through.
I love you. Keep showing your love for everyone.
Love, Elder Dakotah Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment