Monday, October 8, 2012

Letter Day! And can you believe he's been serving for almost 4 months?

Wellll familia! happy four months for your son!!!!!! haha I have 17 weeks in the mission and this week is the 13th so I will officially have four months in the mission!

I am sooo pleased to see that everyone is going on missions and I love the age change! It is hard as a 19 year old kid to be here in Mexico doing all of the things that a missionary does, but I know for a fact that the Lord has strengthened me in ways that I will never be able to know. This week was great. We had amazing lessons with some investigators, but we didn't get near as many contacts as last week but we consider the lessons we did have, as super successes. 

For conference I got to watch every single session but only one of them was in spanish. I can understand the spanish but I figured I should watch it in english so I could learn everything I possibly could. I absolutely loved every bit of it! I don´t know why but I felt and I do feel like it was one of the highlights of the mission so far; not that it is better than a baptism but just that I learned a lot of things. During the talks, I thought about my family in the future and that I am going to be a good dad that centers his family in the church and missionary work. I think I needed to feel this because I was so preoccupied with if I could be a good dad, before. Also, I feel more thankful to the Lord for my family than any other thing! I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a family that will do anything for me if I ask and that they know that I will do anything in my power to help them with what they need to do. I loved the talks and I felt like they all applied directly to me and my purpose, as a missionary! I know that later, after the mission, I will raise my children in the church and pray for them to have opportunities to serve missions, not only because they are important, but also, because I know how much the mission has changed my life. I loved President Monson's talk at the end, about how we should just take a step back when times get hard and count the blessings we have even if they are super small. I have been doing that and I have been able to see the hand of the Lord in my life almost every second. :)

I forgot to tell you guys that for the baptism Elder Lopez and I played the guitar; families can be together forever, but in spanish.

Grandma sent me a picture of their pumpkins, but I bet mine are better. ha ha just kidding Grandma and Grandpa! What happened to Kent, I haven't gotten a letter in two weeks? Tell the family I love them and I would love to hear from everyone.

I love you all with all my heart, but I have to go to juntas con distrito, o sea, district meeting. I want you to know that you and mother are more important to me everyday that I am out here! Keep reading the Book of Mormon everyday, english or spanish. I am in Ether and the other day we read with someone and I just started to feel super excited to read it all again and continue to feel the spirit that much stronger every day! Keep doing what you need to do! I pray for you guys all the time.

Love, Elder Dakotah Hancock

It was dripping water from the ceiling in the house 
sooo this is the pic of me dealing with it ha

No comments:

Post a Comment