Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our FIRST LETTERS are here!


Just some background that leads to this letter:   I am going to insert a little bit of the two letters we got previously. The first one came on Saturday, June 16, 2012. I think they had them write us a note to say they were okay and when their p day was. Then Kelly got one for Father's day(a day late…lol). 

Letter One:

I am very much loving the MTC! The first day was quite remarkable! I didn't miss anyone until the night time. Every time I tried to fall asleep, I couldn't because I kept thinking about "what is my family doing right now?" It got bad enough that I commanded myself, in the name of Jesus Christ and by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood, to not think about that, because it was just making me sad. Anyway, after that I was able to go to sleep. The days are hard because of all the Spanish they are feeding us. I have learned quite a bit of it and I am very terrified because tonight we get to teach a man in straight Spanish. That is crazy, but I know that the Lord will help us out and He will help him feel the spirit even though we have zero idea what we are saying.

I love my district. There are four elders going to Columbia in three weeks if their visas come through. My companion is Elder Abplanalp. Oh my D.L. is the guy that is Kent's friend.(Elder Christensen I believe… I am not sure that name is right because I can't read his handwriting very well. lol). He is also my roommate with Elder Jacobs. They are both going to Tampico also! 
Love Elder Dakotah Hancock

Letter Two: (Kelly's Father's Day letter)

Dear Poppy Seed, 

You have been the greatest example of always carrying the spirit at all times to me. I am so thankful that God gave me a DAD like you. You have no idea how much you have taught me and have blessed my life! 

If it wasn't for you and Heavenly Father in my life, I wouldn't be serving at this time. 

I know I am away at this time but I just wanted you to know what an AMAZING job you have done at teaching me to trust in the Lord at all times, to trust the prompting of the the holy spirit, and that when times get rough, to turn it all over to the Lord, and offer him all that we have to give. He will then supply help for us. 

I want to tell you a little thing that has happened. My first lesson was a couple of days ago and it was supposed to be in only Spanish, but mine was in almost straight English. I prayed later and said to Heavenly Father, "I feel like today was a little chastisement, (cause I was thinking I was a stud and learning Spanish good, so I was cocky)." As I said this, I felt the spirit strongly, therefore what I got out of this endeavor, was that I need to be a strong son of Heavenly Father and to study A LOT! Since I have taken this counsel from the Lord, times have been great and I am learning a lot of Spanish and things are starting to click!

Anyway, I love you with all my heart! And I hope you have a great Father's Day. Keep recovering! 

Love, your son Elder Dakotah C. Hancock



**So, he is growing and learning more each letter we get. So glad to see him following the spirit! So thankful for his cheerful happy disposition and his humble ability to learn from his experiences. 
We do miss him terribly but are so proud of his decision to serve.**

Now onto to TODAY's Letter: June 20, 2012

ooooooooohhhhh heavens HOLA mi familia!!!!!!!! como estan?! 

So I have been in a week today and I cannot wait to see the oros (golden ones) that is what our devotional speaker last night said that they called missionaries that were fresh instead of greenies! I really like that because it is kind of weird being called a greenie for a week. So the oros that are coming in today are replacing a distrito that left on monday, other than that we don't get new distritos very often.

Mi companero es a pretty cool guy and it was crazy because we have been having some pretty hard times with the language and all, but last night I realized that I have been so busy doing all this Spanish study that I forgot to study what really matters, la escrituras! en ingles. So, I have been studying them like crazy today, so we can be blessed in our lesson tonight! It has been amazing to see the Lord change my heart.

The Lord really tries you in everything here at the MTC! I can't believe how much I have learned and have grown! The last two days are the only days that we have learned any doctrine, the others were straight Spanish so I was greatful for them! I LOVE mi distrito!! They are a blast! I know that God has put us all together for a reason and that reason is that each of us can bring something different to the "learning" table.
I hope you all are having a grand time without me! jaja ohhhh when you write, I can't really send letters too much in the week but if I have time I will try, other than that dear elder is my best friend porque I get to read them that night so do that!! It is a lot better cause on email I can only read and write back once a week! I am doing amazing and I can't wait to pick up the language better! I love all of the books and things that you made for me! I wish I could say more but I'm gonna try to send pics now so I'll write it in a letter if i can! haha I love you all!!!!!!!
I thank you for all you have done for me! and I highly encourage ALL of you to learn espanol!

Always remember, Cristo es la respuesta, y, vaya con dios, and most of all yo quierro!!
y, el evanjelio es verdadero!
buenos dias
con amor
Elder Dakotah C. Hancock!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment