Saturday, July 21, 2012

LETTER DAY


July 18, 2012
Hola familia! This week we got a new District Leader.

I am so grateful for your package! I love it! The raincoat is a just a little big pero that is okay, I will make it fit. I love the bag and the shoes. They were perfect and I am wearing them right now, as a matter of fact :D. I love the food and share all of it. 

I love the MTC, as always! On Tuesday, the oldest district is leaving and then we will be the oldest ones here. That is a crazy feeling! 
I love all the letters and packages from everyone. We have a zone rule that we don't get to read our mail until we get in for the night, so that we have time to concentrate on class and things we need to. So I don't get to even think about them until it is night, but sometimes, they are what that gets me thru a hard day of work. 

As for the language, I had the impression that if you put forth your full effort and try your hardest to learn the language, you will receive God's help in the moment that you need it, just as Alma said to Helaman. [Read Alma's testimony to Helaman in Alma 36]

My companion and I were teaching an investigator for awhile. Anyway, when were teaching him, at the beginning of our lesson, a couple of days ago, he said to us: 
Gracias por su tiempo, peru, yo necessity tiempo, a pienso sobre su mensaje y sobre este nuevo información. [in short he dropped us] My heart instantly sank! I wanted to just sit down and cry my heart out. It hurt so much when he did this. I finally got a taste of how mommy feels. I am sorry I didn't understand completely that. Our teacher talked to us afterwards and he told us that the "real investigator" did the exact same thing to his companion and him. My companion and I are looking at this as a blessing from the Lord because we have learned from it and we are getting another new investigator this week. This week, we teach like 8 or 9 lessons and pick up 4 or 5 new investigators. 

I keep learning the importance of loving people and doing service for them. 

I have memorized the Baptism prayer in espanol. It isn't long, it is: 
Habiendo sido comisionado por Jesucristo, yo te bautizo en el nombre del padre, y del hijo, y del espiritu santo, amen. 

Yo amo ustedes con todo mi corazón! 
Con amor, su hijo
Elder Dakotah C. Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment