Thursday, February 7, 2013

Obedience Brings Blessings

I am sorry this is out late, as many of you know and probably many who don't, I lost my brother this past week and it's been a rough week and a half for me, otherwise I would have had it out sooner. Thanks for bearing with me when it's late like this.
Mimi

Hola,

First off, mom, are you okay? I just read your letter about Uncle Paul. I am surely sorry for all that, I pray for you everyday so I hope that you had help in your hour of need. Keep going to the temple, it will always help. I have decided not to talk more about this cause it will just make you remember it and be sad. If I am funny and uplifting, you don't have to think about it right now. ha ha

Soooooo Here's a HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG FROM YOUR FAVORITE SON!!!!!!!!!

It was a tough week, but just because we are opening a new area. I wasn't stressed until we tried to visit people and all of the addresses they gave us were old and they did not want to hear us. We have been trying really hard to bring the menos actives to Church right now, before teaching investigators. We are helping as much as we can. But, really it is going great, our numbers for week one, were some of the best in the zone, so that was pretty cool to see.

My comp and I are becoming good friends. President said that it is his first time as a senior comp and I am supposed to help him by being his support system and what not. I am happy helping him.
President said that I have strong bones, he was saying that I have all the right tools I need for the mission. I just need to keep figuring out how to use them in the best ways, not just the correct ways, the best ways.He said "you have strong bones, as they say", and I was thinking, I have never heard that one ever in my life, pres. ha ha I told him that he is like my dad in the field and he humbly said that he wasn't and I told him that he takes the time to talk to me and teach me like my dad and he was happy with that. ha.

Our house doesn't have power so we are going to try to fix that problem later today. My comp is not too happy about it but I just can't help but laugh. It's hilarious for me. It just an adventure. Oh gosh, I am loving the mission. It's great! :D

Something that should put a smile on your face and make you laugh. We got eight missionaries in a taxi today! It looked like a clown car. It was one that was a super small one.

If this letter is short, I am sorry. I am also taking a questionnaire from Preach My Gospel for the mission today, while I write your letter and President's letter.

Oh, I was happy to hear about Mirella. The day of transfers, I talked to the hermanas serving there, and they told me how she and everyone was doing there, sooo I was super super happy!!! :D

Oh gosh, that's cool that Ephraim has an ice skating rink now. ahhhh I went ice skating here in Tampico for a Zone Activity and it was super awesome. They only had the rink for like a week or two. It was legit. :D

Something spiritual that I have seen and lived, in this area and in this time in my life. It is an absolute truth that obedience is the key to receiving any blessing, we learn of this in the Doctrine and Covenants, that when ever we receive any blessing it is predicated upon the law of obedience that we receive that blessing. I have been trying this week to be not only obedient, not just strictly obedient, but humbly obedient. I testify to all of you that if we are humbly obedient, then the Lord has the right of way, to work miracles through us. We must be humble to be vessels that the Lord wants to use. If we put ourselves aside and just do what the Lord wants us to do, miracles happen every time. I bare my testimony of this, I know that it is true! I know that I have seen miracles from the Lord and that He has helped us here in the new area, opening it! I love this gospel and I find more and more love for it everyday! I share this invitation to try this out this week, be humbly obedient, you will see miracles. As a representative of Christ, I share this in His name, Amen.

Okay, I am leaving now. I love you with all my heart!!!!!!!! Have a superb week and do all that you need to do. Keep up the amazing work!
Hasta la proxima semana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! les amo mucho! hagan todo lo que dios quiere que hagan!

Love Elder Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment