Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tender Mercies

Well, hola hola hola!

This week was amazing! I have seen a lot of blessings from the Lord. Other than that, I am super glad to hear about people leaving on the mission and putting their papers in, with the news of those weddings, please get married in the temple! It is the key to being able to enter into the highest degree of glory in the celestial kingdom! Sooo this week was super awesome and I had a lot of insight and help from the spirit!

Some of the spiritual experiences were that; well, this week we were a little or a lot prideful, because last week pres was super happy with all our work and we got big heads sooo the Lord humbled us. We weren't having as much success, in the beginning of the week and it was super hard. Then we talked it out as a companionship, and we decided to change our ways and humble ourselves before the Lord. When we did this, immediately I saw the blessings flowing in again! It was amazing! I have never noticed the blessings of the Lord soo much and soo powerfully in my life before! I am super happy that the Lord will bless us, if we are obedient and humble, if we have love and are diligent.

I saw the Lord's hand in my life this week when we had a super awesome experience where I felt the prompting to tell this hermana that if she believed that Christ could help her, that we had the power and the authority and she had faith unshaken, then she could receive a blessing from us that would help her to stop having these urges to drink coffee in the mornings. It was a big promise and it took a lot of confidence in the Lord and the spirit to make it, but we gave the blessing. She asked if I could give it cause I was the one who made the promise with her. It was a tender mercy of the Lord to give that blessing; to see how and feel just a little bit of how much our Heavenly Father loves her. I could feel His love for her and how he wants her to do what is right. Anyways, she came to church this week and it was super awesome! We had 30 menos activos at the church this week! Fifteen for us and fifteen for the other area which has the zone leader in it.

This week we had interviews with pres! and guess what........ I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWAHHHHHOOOOOOOO hahaha jk we all pass but pres was super happy when he was talking to me and I don't know why. I told him that Paul died and he felt bad for me. Then in the closing prayer he asked for a blessing to be upon me as a missionary who is doing all he can with his whole might, and for my family who is mourning at this time that they may know that Paul is growing and doing what he needs to do. It was super awesome!

Soo there were rumors after the interviews that people were going to receive kids in the mission. I saw that the Lord has changed my heart, He has helped me to go from jealousy and asking myself, why don't I get a kid, or a chance to have one, to thinking, well good for you, the Lord wants you in that position, please train them good; the people here need the help of strong missionaries! It was super cool to see that the Lord has helped this ole heart of mine to be softened! :D But, later that night I heard that I might get a kid also, sooo I am a little scared but I am glad that Heavenly Father can trust me with that responsibility, if I do get one.  I know that it would be what I need in the mission to help me grow!

Mom, I am sorry that I didn't send pictures like I promised I would last week when I wrote, but we went to the beach as a zone today and I forgot my cord and came straight here after. I am putting it in my agenda that next week I need to send some when I write! Also, remember that changes are next week so I may write late or on Tuesday, if I am going to another area or getting a new companion. I don't know what will happen, I could move, get a new comp or stay just as we are now, whatever happens, the mission goes on but I just wanted you to know so you don't worry.

I just realized today, that I have a year and a week since I received my call and a little over a year in the temple. Wow!  I love the pics you all send me! A lot of the Elders miss their families more when they have pics of them, I feel the opposite, I love the pics because it is like a motivation; you guys are saying to me, you can do it!

Have a great week and I love you with all that I have, thank you for raising me right, and having patience with me, I am seeing everyday more and more how grateful I am for you guys!

I love you all and hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!! Go to the temple and do what you need to!

Love, your good ole son,
Elder Hancock!

No comments:

Post a Comment