Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Be Converted to the Gospel and Find JOY

Hola,

Today we went to the beach, and I think that next week we will have p day on Tuesday to go to the temple.

The week was good. I am always tired ha ha but I am loving the chance to help others. The teaching is about the same, I am trying to be more and more humble and patient.

Mom, I am so happy you got to go to that conference thing, that must have been really cool! I have seen 17 Miracles here in the mission, it's a great movie!

This weekend, I helped build a house; I found a new real respect for the Mexican people and that ones that build houses!! Like A LOT of respect!! That is some way hard business! Just imagine all that we do with machines, well, they do it all by hand! It is incredible!

There are millions of things to say, but I am just trying to find the time to write them all. So, this week's letter comes from experiences I have had in my mission. I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 50, it says in like verse 13, or something to that, it says "to what were you ordained?" When I saw this question from the Lord, I started to think about really what I was doing here in Mexico; was I just here to make others happy, I was sure having too hard of a time to stay here thru all the hard times and let it continue, to only be here for my parents. But, I was thinking of the commandments that Jesus gave us. If you go to John 15, it says there more less in verse 11 that jesus gave us these things so that our joy may be full!! Now, think how amazing it would be to have a full joy! Now, rethink that when it is Jesus, a perfect being, someone that knows of the great joy that comes in helping others, says, that your joy may be full. He later says the famous scripture, that the first and great commandment is to love one another as He has loved us. So, in these scriptures, He is telling us what we are ordained to… simply, we are not being ordained to go and find others, we are not going to teach, etc. but simply we are going to share the gospel, or as it says in Doctrine and Covenants 50, we are called to teach the gospel BY THE SPIRIT! Now, if we truly exercise our love as children of God, we will find the joy that is found in the gospel. We will no longer be in the group that does things because others expect it, we will be doing things because we love our Lord and we just want to show it, in all. What these scriptures mean, is that, we are not looking for elders and sisters, members, who simply are members because people are expecting it of them, but what the Lord is looking for, is something much much greater, it is called conversion. The Lord is looking for the heart, He wants us to change, not being people who look for results, more over, people who are really bringing souls, but firstly, finding how to bring their soul first. Now, the Lord isn't looking for much, He is just wanting what you can give. Remember that the Lord loves you. Before you embark on the things that the Lord wants you to do, ask Him for a complete conversion to this gospel. He will give it to you. He loves you more than you can believe! Please go to Him at all times! I know you can do it! Live this gospel to the fullest of your potential!!! Love Him, Search for Him, really live for Him and for the sacrifices He has paid for us. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

I need to leave now. Have a great week! Do good things! Go to the temple!!! I love you all!

Love. Elder Hancock

Love you most mom!!! I WIN!!!!!! ha ha I love you a lot!!!! 



I got this pic from Kotah's MTC companion's mom and thought 
I would share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment