Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Trip to the Hospital and Thoughts to Ponder

hola hola hola!!!!

Hello to all this week!!!!!! I hope that you all had an amazing week!! This week was eventful! First of all I got super sick and had to go to the hospital! It was hard to have to go to the hospital but it was a fun experience also! I felt like the fever was returning so I got a blessing, and that night I didn't sleep at all, but the fever went away. Then a horrible cough settled in, so needless to say, I went to the doctor the next morning. I got like four meds and I just finished taking them on Sunday. I still have a little bit of a cough so I am not going full throttle yet, but I am feeling better. :D

Then I was in Tampico on splits with a really awesome Elder! The Zone Leader was on splits with my companion and I went out with his companion.

The people here are amazing! They are growing and now the barrio(actually it is a rama) is so much stronger than it was when I first got here. I am so happy to see the growth that has happened in the people! We have two getting baptized this week; Mitzy and Jafet. I am so happy for them. 

I am sorry that I am writing late. I gave part of the District Meeting class yesterday and I needed to prepare for it before. The District Leader called yesterday morning and asked if I could help. I prayed, still felt inadequate, and then got on my knees and prayed some more. It turned out a great lesson and I guarantee that Heavenly Father was there helping me!!!! I was scared out of my shoes, but the Lord spoke for me, He gave me the words and things to say when I had nothing else. It is hard stuff preparing those lessons for other missionaries who are from the country and speak the language naturally, and also have almost two years in the miss, not just seven months. Truly the Lord is helping me to be humbled everyday and I am super grateful for that gift He has given me. As I was praying to have Heavenly Father help my nerves, the thought came to me that all of my greatest moments or greatest things I have done or experienced in the church, like talks, lessons and things like that, have all been when I am so scared that I almost can't move. I was comforted, that I had the nerves to force me to listen to the spirit and follow the promptings and thoughts. I now have seen that that is why all those moments were really spiritual and awesome, because I was forced to listen to the spirit and follow the promptings. I am glad that, in a way, I have been able to see a little bit of what Heavenly Father wants me to know.

Mom, thank you for the messages from my dear friends in Huejutla. I am thankful for their kindness and love. I hope that I can have that in every area, when I feel in reality, that I didn't share my love with them, as much as that they taught me really what love is, and they showed me love; they gave me reason to love everyone and to lose myself in the mission, loving the people. I have loved serving in Huejutla and Panuco. The people are great!

I have been pondering what we need to be doing as people here in the earth this week, more I have been thinking about who I want to be as a person and a missionary, I was thinking of the attributes that are going to be the most important to being a missionary, I finally decided that the most important attributes I can have as a missionary is that I want to be the missionary that is always, obedient, always humble, and always has love for every single thing! I have seen that if I can have these attributes then I can do what the Lord wants me to do and I will be able to follow the promptings from the spirit! I know that this is different for every person in the world. I have this homework for everyone, this week, I want you all to think about who you want to be as a person, think of some attributes that you want, then don't just sit around and wait for them to happen, go and do, as Nephi of old. If you want a change in your life, you have to make the changes to help Heavenly Father. It is my testimony that as we are doing these things, making the changes in our lives, Heavenly Father will cause a great change in our hearts and in our thoughts and feelings! I have seen this in my life and I know that you all can have this in your lives. I know that this church is true and that it will change your life if you allow it to. I say this in the holy name of Jesus Christ, amen.

For other news in the mission, there is changes in two weeks, so I guess in two weeks we will see if I am leaving Panuco or if I will have more time here, in this amazing area! I have three months here now. If I do get changed, remember that I will be writing later or on a different day.

Mom and Poppy, we have all been praying very hard and fasting for a job opportunity to come up, trust in the Lord. Go to the temple and pray in the celestial room and I know you will receive answers to your prayers, putting God's wisdom over that of the wisdom of man. You will know what to do and when and you will end up where He needs you to be. It may be hard, and it will be a leap of faith, but He will help you in the end! Just follow the spirit and it will all end up okay.

Now, go have some Hot Cocoa for me and have a good afternoon together. :D

Be great and do what the Lord wants you to do! He will always be there to help and to change our lives! Please follow all the promptings of the spirit and obey and do all that God wants you to do! I know that there are so many blessings in that. I love you all and know you will do what is right!
Love, Elder Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment