Monday, July 8, 2013

Wet Shoes And Having The Spirit To Guide

Sooo hello all and all,

This week has been crazy, it has been filled with little tests here and there! I learned a lot of how the spirit can help us in the callings we are given in the gospel. The week was good. Today I got to give another American who is a new missionary a blessing of comfort and strength, I felt power as I gave him the blessing, I knew that it was the Lord putting the words in my mouth. The other cool part of the day today was that along with the cool blessing is that before hand I had the thought to invite another American missionary who is a good guy and has about seven months in the mission. Anyways, I had the thought to bring him also. It was cool to see him testify of the tests he has had in his mission to help this young missionary. I was glad to see that the spirit knew that this missionary maybe just needed an experience with giving a blessing also. So I have seen alot this week, of the ways that the spirit has direct knowledge of everything that we need. In our callings we have, the Lord can bless us with the exact knowledge or with an idea of what we need to do; alot of times it doesn't come until we have thoroughly thought through all the ways we can help the person or what we can do to help Heavenly Father. Something I have seen this week is that when I am talking to the other missionaries, I pray before hand, about how I can help them and if the spirit would help me to know anything that they need to know. I had an experience really cool this week cause I was talking to a missionary and was able to ask him about a certain thing and he told me that it was his worry and wanted to know how I knew, I could just tell him that it was a thought directly from the spirit! I want this for all of you this week; I want you to search for opportunities to hear and follow the spirit! I promise you that it will guide you; now I am not saying that it will be easy or even seem possible, but it will be worth it! There are things in the mission that I am seeing, that the mission is not only just coming out here to teach for two years. In this time and these last couple months, I have learned more and more, that the Lord wants people who are just willing to do what He wants, and He calls them to the work. In other words, I have been able to see that my feelings toward my mission are completely changing and I am loving more the people I serve.

Right now we have had like three or four days of consecutive rain, I LOVE it haha the only bad thing is having to dry my shoes out at night! haha I love the mission though! Also one thing I have seen is that there is no need to whine, or complain, it is because no one ever wants to just sit and listen to a complainer all the time, the occasional is ok, but all the time is just horrible! That is the advise that I have for all future missionaries; never complain, because your comp is trying to do all he can and it just never helps to complain! A thought I had this week was very amazing, I had a thought about learning diligence in my mission, I have had the thought that I have to learn the thing now and if I don't, well then I am never going to learn it, I was certainly wrong! I thought about a comp I have had where both of us wanted to be obedient and diligent, and well, great things happened! I know that the Lord loves us and helps us!

I love you all a lot and I am sooo thankful for all you do. I pray for you every day and night! Go to the temple! You will be blessed! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment