Monday, October 14, 2013

Support and Peaches

Hola,

Mom, first off, I am one hundred percent okay, maybe it still hasn't hit me yet. But he is from America. He is the youngest of all the kids in his family and there are like nine kids I think. His dad is a Stake President in Idaho. I am mostly worried for his family and how they are feeling. Also, another thing that is hard is that his MTC companion is in my District. I have been helping him a lot, because for awhile, it didn't hit him but then it finally got to him and now, he's had some Hancock along with other elders' talks.

President is doing a tour of the mission and helping all to understand what happened. I think tomorrow he will be here, and so yeah, he is taking it pretty hard. Please keep him and this elder's family in your prayers, as well as his MTC companion.

And mom, I will be the most safe that I can ever be.

Some days have been a bit discouraging this week. You always raised me to love people and not numbers, and so I try to follow your example, mom, and not worry about the numbers as opposed to caring about the person. But, then I wonder sometimes why those who are seeking the numbers are getting baptisms left and right and I am barely getting lessons some days or the lessons drop and I am left walking all day. I don't know, it's hard to understand sometimes. I am trying with all my heart to do all that the Lord wants and I thank you for all the advice you've given me. I feel like I don't have much time left, only about seven and a half months and I want to do all I can in that time serving the Lord. I will continue to work hard to do my part in spreading the gospel. I promise you that.

I am sorry that it's not really a long letter this week. I will send a longer one next week. Tell Papi that I love him and I am going to print out the picture when it is all the way done, so hurry and finish it!

I love you more than tacos al pastor, and that is super far, mom!

I love you with all my heart!!!!! I must leave now.
Elder Hancock


You would have never thought I was eating fruit huh?!!? Well, here is peaches with cinnamon toast crunch cereal on top. ha ha I like fruits and veggies now. My old comp. never ate any veggies so I had to eat them for him, and before I had already started to like them, but now it is just more than that, I like them! ha ha





No comments:

Post a Comment